The video camera end will help in seeing the area inside the body which will be projected on a big screen in television so that doctor can see it. Endoscope are of different types and thus depending upon the body openings it is inserted used for the endoscopy test:
- Bronchoscope: injected into the body down through the trachea or windpipe.
- Colonoscope: In this, the insertion of a camera is into the body through the anus.
- Gastro scope: injected into the body down through the esophagus.
- Duodena scope: inserted into the body through the stomach.
- Hysteroscope: In this, the insertion of a camera is into the body through the cervix.
- Cystoscope and ureter scope: inserted into the body via the urethra.
Also, the specially designed instruments at Wellspring IVF & Women’s hospital, Ahmedabad are used for simple surgical procedures, such as:
- Examining, location, and removing the tumor from the digestive tract and the lungs.
- Reviewing, location, and removing the foreign objects from the gastrointestinal tract and the lungs.
- A small portion of the body tissues is used for the testing or the diagnostic purpose.
- From the bile duct, it will help in removing the stones.
- It assists in placing the tubes in the esophagus, colon, or duodenum through blockages.
What is an upper endoscopy?
The procedure enables the doctor to examine through the stomach, duodenum, and the esophagus are known as an upper endoscopy. The instrument used for the upper endoscopy procedure is known as an upper endoscopy. It is a thin, flexible instrument used for the endoscopic surgery with the lens on the one end which inserts through the lining of the stomach, duodenum and the esophagus and the video image imager on another end.
The doctor will view it on the television monitor. The whole upper endoscope will take a few times and a few steps. Before the examination of the endoscopic surgery procedure or the scheduled time, the doctor will recommend the patient not to eat or drink for the 8 hours before the starting of the examination procedure.
The whole endoscopic surgery procedure at Wellspring IVF & Women’s hospital, Ahmedabadtakes 3-15 minute. Introducing air into the body for the better viewing process, but its process will not block the breathing process of the patient. Most of the patients sleep during the procedure as they might feel a little uncomfortable after the start of the procedure. When it comes to the endoscopy procedure, like biopsy or gastroscopy. It is better, and safe if treated by a surgeon who has done specialized training in that and has the experience with this process. Usually, when it comes to this process, endoscopy complications do not happen. However, it is not 100 percent; in some cases, the endoscopy complications may also occur. Few upper endoscopy risks, after effects endoscopy that might occur like:
- if there is any tear then bleeding from the operation area of the biopsy or gastroscopy and the lining of the intestinal wall may occur.
- Sometimes blood transfusion IS required, which is the rarest case.
- To the sedatives, areas reactions may occur.
- The most uncommon thing is the irritation in the vein because of the medications.
- Sometimes it may lead to a tender lump which may last for the few days or weeks.
- To get relieved from this discomfort, one can use warm and moist towels near that operation area.
Notice symptoms which are after-effects endoscopy like difficulty, rectal bleeding more than a half cup, fever, chilling or freezing of the body, chest pain, swallowing, worsening of throat pain or any other severe abdominal pain than the patient should immediately contact with his surgeon. At any point; if one feel discomforts; do not hesitate to ask the surgeon or any of co-staffs because no one nor the surgeon or doctor knows what to expect after the endoscopy procedure or examination. Any doubts if any individual has related to the examination before or after then it is always better to be very clear about it.
What is capsule endoscopy?
In this process of capsule endoscopy diagnostic procedure, the doctor or the surgeon at Wellspring IVF & Women’s hospital, Ahmedabad will give a pill like a thing in which a small micro camera will be there. All that the patient needs to do is swallow it. As it will pass through the gastrointestinal tract, it will give the images of the stomach, small intestine, and the esophagus. Before doctors or surgeons used to use endoscopy procedure to detect o diagnose the upper gastrointestinal disorders by inserting it down through the throat. However, in comparison to that, this capsule endoscopy process is less painful and have a minimum invasion and does not require any anesthesia for the patient. The most crucial part is that it helps the doctors in determining or viewing the whole length of the small intestine. As it passes through the gastrointestinal tract, instead of just seeing the first one to two feet of the track with the help of the endoscope. The five steps one patient undergoes during the process of capsule endoscopy are:
- Around the abdomen, there is the placement of eight sensors.
- Then the strapping of the sensor belt is done around the waist over the shirt of the patient.
- As there is a placement of a micro camera, and so the patient is given the capsule to swallow.
- The tablet will pass through the gastrointestinal tract, and the images of the small intestine tract will be tract with the help of the sensors.
Lastly, the disposal of the capsule will take place with the help of the bowel movement and the disposal of the capsule cam.
The benefits of endoscopy in IVF is that the endoscopy uses an instrument named endoscopic, which inserts into the body cavity through the body openings like uterus, anus, mouth, intestinal tract. It makes the process of the in-vitro fertilization easy. It helps the doctor by giving the clear image of the uterus current state and help in detecting the correct timing of the ovulation period.
The main benefits of endoscopy in IVF include:
- It increases the success rate of the fertilization, hence giving the assurance of the proper improved outcome of the IVF treatment.
- Endoscopy has a fast recovery, mostly acceptable by the patients. It causes less pain and discomfort for the patients. The process is carried out with ease and keeping in the comfort of the patient.
- Minimal or no scars visibility is after that the successful completion of treatment.
- Blood loss is also less due to tamponed use of small vessels by the pneumoperitoneum.
- Easy posterior acceptations of the genial organs and natural drying of the body tissues as the surgery take place in a closed environment, else the tissue drying leads to minimal very soon.
Overall, endoscopy procedure at Wellspring IVF & Women’s Hospital, Ahmedabad is considered to be one of the better and safest processes for IVF, and along with then, the success rate of fertilization is also increasing.
Please contact us today and we’ll be happy to provide a free, no obligation quote.